Annual Physical Therapy Exam
When it comes to our health we do a few things regularly:
- We see the dentist every 6 months to keep our teeth healthy
- We get an annual eye exam to ensure we can see
- We even visit our primary care physician annually to maintain our vitals
- So doesn’t it only make sense to see your physical therapist annually for a musculoskeletal health exam?
Still not sure.
Here are a few startling statistics regarding musculoskeletal health:
- We lose 0.5% – 1% of our muscle mass per year after the age of 30
- Nerve conduction velocity decreases by 1m/s every 10 years
- Growth hormone levels begin to decrease after the age of 20
Over time these occurrences can manifest itself as poor balance, poor movement ability, difficulty getting in and out of bed or a chair, limited endurance, and the list goes on and on.
The Benefits of an Annual Physical Therapy
There is no way to stop these changes from happening but we can certainly work to slow them down through smart exercise and proper recovery.One of our expert physical therapists will assess your posture,strength, flexibility, and balance with a specific eye towards identifying asymmetries or imbalances that can be easily addressed by performing a few simple exercises on your own.
Your physical therapist will develop a plan of care using a variety of treatment techniques that help you reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. Your physical therapist can also help you prevent loss of mobility and motion by developing a fitness and wellness oriented program tailored to your specific needs (home exercise program).
Cost for an Annual Physical Therapy Exam
- In some cases, the cost will be covered by your insurance provider if prescribed by your physician