Your First Visit
A few simple but important things to know about your first visit.
- Don’t forget to bring your referral/prescription from your physician.
- Bring your insurance card(s) and driver’s license or valid ID.
- Bring along any reports, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and any other relevant information.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment for registration. If you like you, can also print and complete our online forms and bring those along to speed up registration.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
- If your condition is work-related, please bring your case information, including name and contact information of the case manager.
- Make a list of questions that you wish to discuss with the therapist.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits. We will verify your benefits and help you navigate the insurance process so that you can focus on your recovery.
- Average treatment time is 45-60 minutes and will vary based on your condition.
Your first visit will be an initial evaluation. Your therapist will ask about the history regarding your present problem followed by a physical examination. You may be asked to walk around or asked to sit or stand to measure the movements (range of motion) and strength. Be prepared to discuss your symptoms and what factors worsen or diminish your pain levels as this helps the therapist to determine the nature of your problem and to determine your special care and focus.
Initial evaluation also includes postural assessment, which helps to determine a specific treatment plan for the patient. Make sure to ask questions of your therapist if you are unsure of any of the instructions for your particular treatment plan.