Dizzy and Balance / Vertigo CenterIf you experience dizziness, vertigo, lightheadedness and loss of balance, then you need to see us!
If You Have these Symptoms you might want to consider our
Dizzy & Balance / Vertigo Center.
Pressure or fullness in the ear
Blurred vision with movement
Balance problems combined with unsteadiness
Dizziness and/or nausea with position changes
An examination comprised of different measures and tests will be conducted to assess the effect it has on your sense of balance:
- Balance Testing in sitting and standing
- Assessment of orthopedic, neurological and cardiopulmonary system
- Dynamic Visual Acuity test
- Occulomotor exam
- Sensory Examination
- Functional Outcome Measures: Romberg, Dynamic Gait Index, Tinetti
- Video Frenzel Goggles to assess possible positional vertigo (BPPV)
Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT)
Is a specialized form of physical therapy for treatment of dizziness, vertigo, and imbalance. Clinical research demonstrated that vestibular rehab provided by a specially trained physical therapist can:
- Improve balance and postural control
- Significantly reduce the risk of falls
- Increase independence with activities of daily living
- Eliminate symptoms of vertigo and dizziness
- Some disorders such as BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) are effectively treated in 2-3 visits.