October is National Physical Therapy Month!
Who are Physical Therapists?
- We are movement experts
- We are highly trained and have post graduate degrees in the field of physical therapy
- Physical therapists now graduate with a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree and require a state license to practice
- We partake in routine continuing education to enhance our knowledge base
- Physical Therapists treat patients of all ages and skill levels ranging from children to older adults
- We empower and educate patients to be active in their own care and recovery
- Physical Therapists are a vital member of your healthcare team
- In the state of Illinois, a patient does NOT need a referral from a physician to start treatment with a physical therapist
- However, we keep the rest of your healthcare team up to date with your progress. After every patient evaluation, a personalized plan of care is sent to a physician.
Personalized Plan of Care
Your therapist will develop a personalized plan of care based upon the findings in your evaluation. This individualized plan can help you with the following:
- Learn about and understand your injuries and condition
- Improve mobility and function
- Manage pain and chronic conditions
- Avoid surgery
- Reduce the use of opioids and other pain medications
- Recover from injury
- Prevent future injuries and pain
- Management of pain and other chronic issues
- Injury prevention
- Fall Prevention
- Dizziness, imbalance, vertigo