TMJ ReliefHave you suffered with painful chewing, clicking while opening your jaw, or excessive jaw pain?
Many Americans suffer from jaw pain or TMJ disorders with no answers for treatment.
It is estimated that 75% of the U.S. population have experienced signs or symptoms associated with disorders involving the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ), also called Temporal Mandibular Disorder (TMD). TMJ disorders can be the main contributor to jaw pain, painful jaw clicking, headaches and much more.
- Clicking, popping or grating sounds
- Limited opening or closing of jaw
- Pain when chewing
- Tooth pain
- Facial pain or numbness
- Neck or throat pain
There are many different treatment options for TMJ disorders, such as orthotic splinting, medications, and surgery. These treatments can provide relief; however, many times they only provide a short term fix for the root cause of the problem. Physical Therapy is well recognized as an effective and conservative treatment for Temporomandibular joint disorders and jaw pain.
Contact Goodlife Physical Therapy
Goodlife Physical Therapy is proud to service the following southwest suburbs: Orland Park, Tinley Park, and Homer Glen.
Not in the southwest suburbs, not to worry. Our patients come from all over, including Indiana because they know not all physical therapy is the same!
Multiple ways to book your appointment Call us directly at 708.966.4386 or complete the online appointment request.
How can Physical Therapy help:
- PT can improve the TMJ mobility to improve the quality and ease of jaw motion.
- PT can improve jaw strength, stability and control to reduce TMJ clicking and popping.
- PT can improve the muscle flexibility surrounding the TMJ to reduce pain and tension while eating.
- PT can teach you exercises to maintain TMJ mobility and stability in order to reduce pain and improve your jaw function at home.
Goodlife Physical Therapy and FTR are proud to feature trained physical therapists who are ready to help restore your jaw function and reduce your pain.
Do you have TMJ symptoms?
If you have similar symptoms to the ones listed below, there might be a chance that you have TMJ disorders. Contact Goodlife to set up an appointment, we have plenty of physical therapists ready to help with your jaw pain or TMJ symptoms.